Corona Virus Statement
Prevention, Policy to help stop spreading the Corona virus
In view of the current concerns regarding the corona virus Better Care will be implementing the following procedures;
- All carers will be supplied with a washable face mask, hand sanitiser and a personal stock of alcohol spray.
- All carers should wear gloves and masks when entering client’s houses including communal areas.
- Carers will remove gloves and mask.
- Hands will be washed for 2 minutes using soap and water on entry to homes.
- Clean gloves will then be put on by carers for the duration of personal care tasks.
- Before leaving client’s homes, carers will wash hands with soap and water again and the mask and a new glove will be put on to leave the client’s home.
- Between client visits, carers will use hand sanitiser supplied by Better care
- All surfaces touched by client’s and carers will be disinfected three times a week by carers this will be recorded on our cross-infection chart
- Carers will clean steering wheels, mobile phones and car door handles with alcohol spray
Better Care At Home are committed to being proactive in the implementation of methods that help prevent the spread of Corona Virus.